Historic Places Stewardship Section
The Historic Places Stewardship Section manages Alberta's programs for the protection and conservation of historic places. These include:
- The Historic Places Research and Designation Program, responsible for the designation of historic places as Provincial Historic Resources, maintenance of the Alberta Register of Historic Places, and the listing of Alberta historic places on the Canadian Register of Historic Places.
- The Provincial Heritage Survey Program.
- The Heritage Conservation Advisory Services Program, responsible for providing advice on the proper conservation of historic places, the review and approval of proposed alterations to provincially designated historic places, and support for the Historic Resource Conservation grant programs of the Alberta Historical Resources Foundation.
- The Municipal Heritage Partnership Program, responsible for providing advice and cost-shared support to Alberta municipalities to aid them in the protection and conservation of locally significant historic places.
- Management of the Alberta Main Street Program.
Contact the Historic Places Stewardship Section.