Alberta Historical Resources Foundation
The Alberta Historical Resources Foundation (AHRF) is a public trust foundation supported by the Alberta Lottery Fund. The Historical Resources Act mandates the foundation's objectives and focus.
The Historic Resources Management Branch provides professional, technical and administrative support to AHRF.
- To promote public awareness and enjoyment of Alberta's heritage.
- To serve as the Government of Alberta's primary window for heritage preservation funding.
- Provide financial and technical assistance for initiatives that preserve and interpret Alberta's heritage through the Heritage Preservation Partnership Program, Alberta Main Street Program and the Municipal Heritage Partnership Program.
- Provided funding to several Provincial Heritage Organizations.
- Ensure curatorial care and public access of provincial collections through funding provided to the Glenbow Museum.
- Provide funding for the installation of provincial heritage markers.
- Make decisions on geographic names.
- Hear representations by interested parties respecting the possible designation of historic resources.
Provincial Heritage Organizations AHRF Supports
Funding assists organizations in delivering programs and services that document, preserve and present the province's heritage.
The AHRF supports:
Learn more about the Foundation
- Board of Directors
- Background and understanding of the foundation's purpose: Mandate and Roles
- Information on personal attributes required for board members: Competency Matrix
- Information on the Foundation's commitment to ethical practices: Code of Conduct
- Annual Report 2014-15
- Annual Report 2013-14
Contact the Foundation
Old St. Stephen's College
8820 - 112 Street NW
Edmonton AB T6G 2P8
To contact the foundation, call 780-431-2300 (toll-free anywhere in Alberta 310-0000 then dial number).
Last reviewed/revised: July 8, 2016